Free relaxed concerts at LSO St Luke's
Join us for a free, 45-minute informal concert at LSO St Luke’s from 12.30-1.15pm.
LSO musicians perform chamber music in the beautiful surroundings of LSO St Luke’s on Old Street. The concerts are informal and are presented by Rachel Leach, and there is a chance to ask questions at the end of the concert.
These performances are particularly suitable for individuals or groups who feel more comfortable attending concerts in a relaxed environment. Everyone is welcome including people with autism, sensory and communication impairments and learning disabilities. Suitable for over-5s.
The next concert will take place on Friday 1 April 2022 at 12.30pm.
More details will be announced soon.
Tickets: free entry
Suitable for over-5s
Here is what you can expect if you are part of the audience in Jerwood Hall or watching online:
- A relaxed attitude to noise during the concert – you are welcome to clap and make as much sound as you want!
- An adapted BSL interpretation which will include more visual and gestural elements.
- Live captions provided by StageText (if watching online)
- Accessible digital programme notes to download in advance or on the day.
- Friendly staff on hand to help welcome you
- Doors to the performance space remain open throughout, so you can leave and re-enter at any point
- A chill-out space that is separate to the Jerwood Hall
- A Mobiloo on site, the world's first attended mobile toilet service with a hoist and changing bench. If you would like to make use of this, please bring along your sling
Watch on YouTube
You might also be interested in LSO Create Open Rehearsals
The programme of LSO Create Open Rehearsals is currently paused. We will update the website as soon as we are able to invite LSO Create audiences to our rehearsals again.
LSO Create is generously supported by the Rix-Thompson-Rothenberg Foundation, 29th May 1961 Charitable Trust, Anthony and Elizabeth Mellows Charitable Settlement, Rothenberg Charitable Foundation, Andor Charitable Trust, The Worshipful Company of Fan Makers and the De Laszlo Foundation.