LSO activity at LSO St Luke's
We are following the latest available COVID-19 government guidelines to ensure that any LSO activity and any activity at LSO St Luke’s is COVID-19 secure. Our work will be continuing behind closed doors during the lockdown period in November and December, in Covid-secure conditions, while we are unable to welcome audiences into the building.
A number of measures have been introduced to help everyone remain safe:
- Providing sanitising stations at each entrance, and access to handwashing facilities
- Managing schedules to minimise the time that people have to be on site
- Allocating workstations / music stands / chairs to avoid sharing and possible risk of cross-contamination
- Pre-planned use of all available areas in the building to de-densify spaces
- Signage reminding people to keep a distance of 2m wherever possible, including whilst moving around LSO St Luke’s with clear directional signage and the use of one-way systems
- Regular cleaning with particular attention to all contact surfaces, including door handles, handrails, chairs, music stands, etc and other hard surfaces
- Toilets to be regulated in terms of usage, and regularly cleaned / disinfected
- No provision of refreshments
- Maintaining a database of contact details for anyone involved in LSO/LSO St Luke’s activity to aid the NHS Test & Trace scheme, and displaying the venue's NHS QR Code. Data kept secure and disposed of after 21 days
We will continue to review and manage potential risks, particularly in response to any changing guidance from the government, and will communicate such changes to our musicians and staff.
LSO St Luke's & Barbican Centre audience members
Update as of 31 October 2020
Following the Prime Minister's announcement on Saturday 31 October, we are no longer able to welcome audiences to LSO St Luke's or the Barbican Centre between 5 November and 2 December 2020. We will continue to provide our music digitally to everyone during the weeks ahead, and will be in touch with all ticket-holders for affected events.
> Find out more
We appreciate your support during this time, and ask that you bear with us and the Box Office as ticket-holders are notified. If you have booked a ticket for something that’s been cancelled, you will be able claim a refund or exchange your tickets and the Barbican Centre Box Office will be in touch soon.
We have been granted the use of Society Of London Theatre & UK Theatre's 'See It Safely' mark. The mark certifies that we are complying with the latest Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, to ensure the safety of our staff and audiences. You can find out more here about the measures we have been putting in place ready for your visit, and what you will need to know beforehand.