In light of the government guidance regarding gatherings, the LSO’s planned concerts at the Barbican Centre, as well as Discovery Days and Singing Days at LSO St Luke’s, have been cancelled or postponed until 14 December.
Information for ticket holders
We appreciate your support during this time, and ask that you bear with us and the Box Office as ticket-holders are notified. If you have booked a ticket for something that’s been cancelled, you will be able claim a refund or exchange your tickets and the Barbican Centre Box Office will be in touch soon. A large number of events are being cancelled and postponed, so we ask that you are patient and avoid contacting the Box Office directly at this stage.
LSO activity at LSO St Luke's
We are following the latest available COVID-19 government guidelines to ensure that any LSO activity and any activity at LSO St Luke’s is COVID-19 secure.
A number of measures have been introduced to help everyone remain safe:
- Providing sanitising stations at each entrance, and access to handwashing facilities
- Managing schedules to minimise the time that people have to be on site
- Allocating workstations / music stands / chairs to avoid sharing and possible risk of cross-contamination
- Pre-planned use of all available areas in the building to de-densify spaces
- Signage reminding people to keep a distance of 2m wherever possible, including whilst moving around LSO St Luke’s with clear directional signage and the use of one-way systems
- Regular cleaning with particular attention to all contact surfaces, including door handles, handrails, chairs, music stands, etc and other hard surfaces
- Toilets to be regulated in terms of usage, and regularly cleaned / disinfected
- No provision of refreshments
- Maintaining a database of contact details for anyone involved in LSO/LSO St Luke’s activity to aid the NHS Test & Trace scheme. Data kept secure and disposed of after 21 days
We will continue to review and manage potential risks, particularly in response to any changing guidance from the government, and will communicate such changes to our musicians and staff.
Summer Shorts audience members
As of 31 July we are able to welcome small audiences to the Summer Shorts recitals at LSO St Luke's during July and August. We want to give you the peace of mind you need to enjoy live performances with us again. Your safety is paramount, and we’re following the latest advice to make sure your concert experience is safe, so you can focus on the music. Please read the following information before attending a concert:
> Audience information
On Tuesday 17 March, the Barbican temporarily closed, due to UK Government advice on Coronavirus/Covid-19. While some areas of the building are now able to open, current Government guidelines mean that concerts can’t take place. All concerts taking place until Monday 14 December have now been cancelled or postponed.
> More details from the Barbican website