We are delighted to be partnering with Spitalfields Music on this fantastic opportunity for emerging music leaders to gain hands-on experience.
There are four year-long placements on offer, including one based in LSO Discovery. Please see the advert below for full details on how to apply – deadline Monday 26 June, 5pm.
September 2017 – July 2018
Spitalfields Music is offering four London-based musicians the opportunity to take part in a year-long traineeship to develop skills in music leading.
From September 2017 to July 2018 trainees will:
- support at least three creative music projects alongside experienced workshop leaders
- attend three days of practical music leader training
- receive guidance from experienced workshop leaders and Learning & Participation managers
- work together with other trainees to devise and deliver their own school-based creative project with Spitalfields Music
- receive a bursary of £1,500, plus an additional training allowance of £250
Thanks to the generous support of Help Musicians UK, Spitalfields Music has been able to extend their trainee scheme to include two placements with partner organisations; LSO Discovery and Opera North.
This is an exceptional opportunity for emerging music leaders to gain hands-on practical experience, reflect on personal practice, and observe and learn in a safe and supportive environment.
Spitalfields Music are looking for outstandingly creative and skilled musicians who are ambitious and passionate collaborators committed to working in the community.
For more information about the scheme, and how to apply, download an application pack from: https://www.spitalfieldsmusic.org.uk/trainee-music-leaders-scheme-201718/
First round group auditions will take place on Tuesday 11 July, second round auditions and interviews will take place on Friday 14 July.
Application deadline: Monday 26 June, 5pm