Together, our Friends form a community at the heart of the LSO. Join us and become part of a family of supporters who share a mutual love of music and a passion for the work of the LSO.
Join the LSO Friends today and gain a special insight into the Orchestra's work.
Renew your Friends membership to continue your generous support.
Give the gift of membership to a music-lover, whatever the occasion.
Get even closer to the music with an LSO Patronage.
LSO Friends Membership
Our Friends share in our achievements and help us to go further with our ambitions. We offer LSO Friends a wide range of benefits, enabling them to build a personal association with the LSO.
Join us and gain a special insight into the Orchestra’s work through regular events, updates about our work, and opportunities to meet LSO musicians. Become part of a family of supporters who share a mutual love of music and passion for the work of the LSO.
Your membership will provide crucial support to our Barbican concert season, our performances across the world, and our pioneering LSO Discovery music outreach and education programme.
There are four levels of LSO Friends membership, starting at just £50 a year:
- Priority booking for the LSO’s Barbican concert season
- Regular updates about the LSO’s work, including the LSO Living Music magazine and Insight newsletter
- Invitations to the annual series of LSO Insight events, which includes interviews with artists, LSO musicians, and social events*
- Access to premium seats for LSO Open Rehearsals*
- Opportunities to volunteer with the LSO
- LSO Friends membership card and pin badge
As for Supporter level, plus
- Acknowledgment and thanks in LSO produced programmes
As for Associate level, plus
- Complimentary LSO Live CD (selected titles)
**Benefit value £75
As for Benefactor level, plus
- Enhanced priority booking for the Barbican concert season
- Access for you and a guest to the LSO Members’ Bar at one Barbican concert per season with opportunities to meet LSO musicians
*Additional cost applies
**For tax reasons we inform you that a compulsory charge is made to cover the benefits we offer to our Friends at Ambassador level. A donation is requested, but not required, to support the work of the LSO, which qualifies for Gift Aid.
If you wish to make a contribution as a Friend but you do not wish to receive benefits or attend events, you can make a donation-only gift to the LSO at each Friend level. Please contact us for more information, or to discuss a variation of full Friends membership.
What our Friends say
'I am a very proud supporter of this great orchestra which has a rich distinctive sound, produced by such talented players and backed by an open-minded and professional team.'
Doug Dorrington, LSO Friend
'Becoming a Friend of the LSO is one of the most rewarding experiences imaginable… Everyone is so friendly and welcoming.'
Susi Woodhouse, LSO Friend
Find out more
Thank you for your interest in the LSO Friends. If you would like to join or find out more, please contact:
David Gandon, Memberships Manager
Tel: +44 20 7382 2563